/ CORPORATE PRINCIPLES
The following are the fundamental corporate principles of ITM, which are the basis of the entire Corporate Social Responsibility system that is present in ITM.
We will comply with all applicable regulations on human rights, business management, environment, health and safety at work.
The ITM principles of action are included in the framework of international reference texts, in particular:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and additional covenants.
- Applicable labour standards.
- The conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- The United Nations convention against corruption.
- Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- The applicable environmental standards and legislation.
- The ethical principles of business conduct.
The fundamental principles exposed above do not follow an order by importance, they all have the same importance and relevance for the development of the ITM activity.
We are committed to fostering honest behavior and a culture of integrity by promoting:
- Respect: in all areas of the company and as a fundamental pillar, encompassing workers, clients and users, suppliers and the environment.
- Responsability: ensuring the quality of our products, thereby ensuring a sustainable production with the environment.
- Commitment: we are committed to contributing our products to society in fair conditions,
ensuring decent working conditions, maintaining business ethics, ensuring resource savings by respecting the environment, while improving the possibilities and opportunities of the community.
- Security: we are committed to developing our business activity in a way that is committed to occupational, health and information safety.
We fully support the guidelines of the United Nations Global Compact on Human Rights and Labour and aim to provide an example of good labour and human rights practices in all our business activities.
- We support and respect the protection of international human rights within our sphere of influence (principle No. 1 of the Global Compact).
- We make sure that our company is not an accomplice in the violation of human rights (principle 2 of the Global Compact).
- We are against any form of child exploitation.
- We recognize privacy as a human right.
- We support equality between men and women.
- Freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective negotiation (principle 3 of the Global Compact).
- The elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour (Principle 4 of the Global Compact).
- The effective eradication of child labour (principle 5 of the Global Pact).
- The abolition of discriminatory practices in employment and occupation (principle 6 of the Global Compact). We adhere to the eight fundamental Conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO), in particular Convention 87, Freedom of association and protection of the right to organize (1948), as well as Convention 138, Minimum age for admission to employment, and the Convention 182, Worst Forms of Child Labour, which are based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (article 32). We also adhere to the Tripartite Declaration of Principles on Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy (ILO) of March 2006 and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises of June 2000.
- Disrespectful behavior of any kind.
- Social discrimination, whether due to socioeconomic and cultural conditions, because of their groups of belonging or because of the mere fact of being or thinking differently.
- Racial discrimination, since all people are equal and, as such, we must love and respect each other. ITM encourages equality and tolerance.
- Discrimination based on gender.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is equivalent to carrying out business activity in a responsible manner, that is, going beyond what is required by the regulations and keeping in mind the impact of ITM policies on the environment, the community where it is located. present and also on the social and community fabric affected by their activities.
At ITM we manage our business ensuring we adhere to high standards of conduct and behavior. We are committed to creating a sustainable business with responsible behavior in all its actions.
Our goal is to encourage the right behaviors, ensure performance improvement and provide lasting value to all parties involved:
- Establishing a strategy and a defined leadership in order to guarantee a behavior and conduct as a responsible company in all our activities.
- Developing a capacity for continuous improvement.
- Building trust through transparency.
- Actively engaging with people.
Our commitment consists of never putting the safety of any product at risk, therefore, our Quality Policy summarizes the essential elements of our passion for excellence:
- ITM is committed to offering quality products and services, maintaining personalized contact with customers.
- We are committed to the system, because we are all part of quality.
- We are committed to improving product design and development.
- The Management is compromised to provide all the necessary means to meet the objectives of improvement in quality, environment and Health and Safety.
- Quality will always be the object of continuous improvement therefore it assumes as its main objectives:
- The total satisfaction of its customers and users.
- All of the staff have the objective of obtaining customer and user satisfaction by assuming their responsibilities and carrying out their duties using appropriate environmental practices.
- The prevention of failures with the objective of “zero defects”.
- Maintaining an Integrated Quality and Environment Management system.
- Staff training and participation.
ITM has established a philosophy of continuous improvement in quality, service, prices, technology and safety to the extent that the market allows it promoting improvements through innovation.
At ITM we are committed to complying with the principles by adopting values that guarantee ethical and integrity standards in all its actions and decisions.
This commitment is extended to all our suppliers and their performance must be governed by the principles and guidelines of the Supplier Code of Ethics and Conduct based on respect, mutual trust, ethical and professional performance and compliance with the law.
The Principles of Professional Ethics are listed below:
- Ethics and professionalism.
- Fair competition.
- Interest conflict.
The key to our success is in our employees.
We maintain an attitude of dignity and mutual respect and hope that all our employees will contribute to fostering a sense of personal responsibility.
We employ competent and motivated people who respect our values. We offer them equal opportunities for professional development and advancement. We protect their privacy and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
7.1. Management and Leadership Principles
Our Leadership and Management Principles describe the core values and culture that we expect our employees to uphold, as well as the attributes necessary to be successful in management and leadership.
They can be consulted in the document CSR 04. Principles of Management and Leadership.
7.2. Code of Business Conduct
Our Business Conduct code specifies certain non-negotiable minimum standards in key areas of the behavior of our employees, such as compliance with the law, conflicts of interest, unfair competition and infringement of intellectual property rights, bribery and extortion (principle no. 10 of the Global Compact), discrimination and harassment, and integrity.
We believe in the importance of free competition and we are obligated to act with integrity in all situations.
They can be consulted in the document CSR 05. Code of Business Conduct.
Our Human Resources Policy indicates attitudes such as mutual respect, trust and transparency in the relationship with others and promotes open communication and cooperation.
We also believe that our long-term success depends on our ability to attract, develop, protect and retain the best and best-qualified employees.
We respect international conventions on the rights of employees, we do not tolerate discrimination based on origin, nationality, religion, race, sex, age or sexual orientation, nor do we allow any type of verbal or physical harassment based on any of the above reasons. exposed or in any other.
We respect the freedom of association of our employees and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining through unions or other types of associations (principle 3 of the Global Compact).
We respect the right of our employees to privacy.
We are committed to preventing work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses and protecting our employees, contractors and other people involved in the value chain.
Our Occupational Health and Safety Policy establishes safety as a non-negotiable priority of our culture.
We recognize its importance and request the active participation of everyone in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
We promote awareness and knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations by employees, contractors, other people related to or affected by our business activity by setting high standards.
We are committed to environmentally sustainable business practices.
We strive to efficiently use natural resources in all phases of the life cycle of our products. We favor the use of renewable resources managed in a sustainable way.
The Policy on Environmental Sustainability incorporates the three guidelines of the United Nations Global Compact on the environment (principles 7, 8 and 9).
Throughout our product life cycle, we involve all of our collabourators, from suppliers to consumers and users, in order to minimize the environmental impact of our products and our activities.
We believe that environmental performance is a shared responsibility and requires the cooperation of the whole of society. We are determined to continue leading this issue within our sphere of influence.
We are committed to promoting equality and equity at the socio-cultural, gender and racial levels by offering everyone equal opportunities.
- Social equality: we are committed to giving the same opportunities to all ITM members.
- Gender equality: we are committed to the obligation to guarantee equality between men and women in all areas, in accordance with the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, which is included in its articles 20, 21 and 23. A Gender Equality Plan is being implemented.
- Racial equality: we are committed to giving equal opportunities to people of all races, ignoring people’s physical features or skin color.